RockNet Meeting Minutes - December 9, 2004
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
December 9, 2004
Meeting opened at 7:40 pm.
In attendance were: Bob Ekman, Mike Cannon, Betsy Robbins, Stan Klein, Roald Schrack, and Jonathan Walker.
1. Draft minutes for November had the wrong attendees list. Acceptance was tabled until the January meeting.
2. Betsy reported on the development of an employee listing with photos on the city intranet to assist the new City Manager. On the regular city website there were new features: Women on the move, Rockville Ballet, update of fee structure at the Mansion, and license forms.
3. Rocknet had 449 average visits per day during November, up from 429 the previous month.
4. Mike reported that the new City Manager is interested in developing open communication with the public. The city has acquired some open source programs and is adapting them to Rockville needs.
5. Bob has set up a listserve for Jonathan's wireless group. Also listserves for Montrose and West End Civic Associations. Not much progress has been made since last month on putting the webcam pictures into a sequence display.
6. Jonathan made an extensive report on his plans for the wireless group. He distributed a comprehensive plan of action. There was a lengthy discussion on how best to get the group started.
The meeting adjourned at 9:30pm.
Reported submitted by:
Roald A. Schrack
13 Farsta Court
Rockville, MD 20850