RockNet Meeting Minutes - November 13, 2008
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
November 13, 2008
The meeting convened in the Blue Crab Room of City Hall at 7:42 P.M.
In attendance: Bob Ekman, Betsy Robbins, Mary Alice McDonough, Jonathan Walker, Mike Cannon, Roald Schrack, and Carol Nicholas.
1. The minutes of the last meeting (October 9th) were read and accepted without revision.
2. We discussed and demonstrated the new account that we have with Go Daddy, our hosting account. Various topics came up and how we will utilize Go Daddy.
3. There may be a Go Daddy or Google calendar that could meet our interests. Jonathan will take some time to research and look at the new features.
4. There was discussion on redesigning the website with a different template as a possibility in 2009. We need to get new pictures of the city for each page.
5. Rocknet could be a very good resource for the neighborhood civic associations. We need to discuss with the Neighborhood Resource Coordinators. There is lots of opportunity for citizen groups to use RockNet.
6. Comments were brought up about the search engine, possibly with Google, and to look at the file structure, too.
7. The webcam communications to city hall will be blocked by the new court house building within the year. We may want to move the camera to city hall or another location.
8. Betsy gave her report:
a. The average visits per day in September was 3,730, October was 3,524.
b. The total visits in September was 111,919, October was 109,252.
The meeting adjourned at 9:15P.M.
submitted by Carol Nicholas