RockNet Meeting Minutes - January 10, 2008
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
January 10, 2008
The meeting convened in the Blue Crab Room of City Hall at 7:45 P.M.
In attendance: Bob Ekman, Art Casanova, Brian Pierce, Helen Triolo, Mike Cannon, Betsy Robbins, and Mary Alice McDonough.
1. Minutes of the previous meeting accepted without revision.
2.The next meeting will be February 7.
3. The drop in users for both city and Rocknet continued with 3708 average visits/day in December compared to 4342 in November for the city. For Rocknet it was 449 in December compared to 507 in November. It was speculated that the movement of some parts to other web sites depressed the visitor count, such as the City's employment and RockNet's Fallsmead web sites.
4. The City changed over to a new Internet service provider (Cavalier) on January 2. RockNet may see improved service.
5. The City web site has the Summer Camp Guide now on-line. The City is also considering moving video of the Mayor and Council meetings to Google Flash to provide video on demand.
5. The Town Center Webcam has been down for a few days. The server needs to be rebooted. There was some discussion about using the RCNet list server. The Regal wireless access has had problems with new users, but we have gotten some requests for passwords.
6. The was a discussion of plans for 2008.
- Setup the new server
- Establish a citizen calendar
- Revive RCNet
- Submit the webcam images to Peerless
- Re-point the webcam to the Regal Row parking lot
- Play-up the Wi-Fi access with the Regal Row tenants
- Initiate new outreach to the civic associations
The meeting adjourned about 9:15P.M.
Report submitted by: