RockNet Meeting Minutes - July 8, 1999
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
July 8, 1999
Present: Chris Medley, Jane Jacobs, Bob Skinner, Bob Ekman, Roald Schrack
1. Minutes of the 10 June meeting were accepted after a minor alteration.
a. The city Web site increased, probably due to new features of
softball scores and bids on city contracts. Plans are to develop
pages covering the Mansion and kid interests.
b. Rocknet had an average of 104 visits/day , slightly down from
last month. There have been no major changes in the site in the
3. All software and hardware is now installed on the new server. The system
has been backed up. Rocknet pages are installed . There was discussion
on transferring the city web site material and mail lists.
4. The was discussion on the need for a better connection to the web than
5. Looking forward to the day when Rocknet will offer to carry pages of
Rockville organizations , a "Rocknet Web Server Account Form" was
developed by Bob Ekman. Minor revisions to the form were proposed. The
RockNet Policies as presented on the web site were discussed and the proper
placement of the Account Form in the policies section and which policies
should be made an integral part of the form. There was also discussion of
the mechanism of submitting the form and its acceptance.
6. Jane Jacobs submitted a letter of resignation. The Board expressed its
regret at her decision and thanks for her contributions to Rocknet.
7. In response to the Network Solutions bill of $35 for extending the
registration of the site name- "Rocket.org" a collection was taken. The
following donations were accepted:
Bob Ekman $10
Jane Jacobs $ 5
Bob Skinner $10
Roald Schrack $10
8. The meeting adjourned at 9:15 (?)
13 Farsta Court
Rockville, MD 20850-2747