RockNet Meeting Minutes - December 8, 2005
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
December 8, 2005
Meeting convened in the City Manager's Conference room at 7:40 PM.
In attendance were: Jim Gilchrist, Mary Alice McDonough, William Armbruster, Mike Cannon, Roald Schrack, Betsy Robbins, Bob Ekman, and Jonathan Walker.
1. Minutes of the previous meeting were accepted.
2. Betsy Robbins reported that the average hits per day for November were: 153 (for first 5 days) for Rocknet; 2943 for Rockville The Winter Recreation Guide was put up on the Rockville site on 7 Dec, Also put up in November were: a description of the proposed refuse service, "Step up to Health" program of the Recreation Dept., "Alert Rockville" program for email, pager or mobile phone. Caregiver information is being updated. The Thomas Farm recreation center plans are up for viewing.
3. Bob Ekman reported that he had a meeting with the city on the Lyris listserve setup and that it is now active. There was discussion of the possibility of having a subscription service to a listserve available on the web. Lyris seems to be working well. The webcam surveying the Town Center site is still on the old server. There was an extended discussion on various ways of saving the large collection of images from the webcam.
4. Mary Alice McDonough distributed lists of requests for user I.D. on the WiFi Regal hotspot. For the last three months there has been a total of 62 requests. This is not a count of logons. She distributed prints of the King's Farm Calendar and there was good acceptance of it by the board. She will look into acquiring it.
5. Jonathan Walker discussed the ways that the WiFi service can be advertised in the stores where it is available.
6. Mike Cannon pointed out that it was time to make a budget request and suggested it was time to replace the server, operating system, firewall and get an upgrade for Lyris.
The meeting adjourned at 9:20 PM
Report submitted by:
Roald A. Schrack
13 Farsta Court
Rockville, MD 20850