RockNet Meeting Minutes - November 10, 2005
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
November 10, 2005
Meeting opened at 7:45 pm in the City Manager's Conference room.
In attendance were: Aaron Fein, Betsy Robbins, Mike Cannon, Bob Ekman, Jim Beller, Jonathan Walker, and Stan Klein.
1. Minutes of October 13th were accepted with minor change.
2. Betsy reported that the RockNet received 670 visits/day during October. Additions to the City web site includes election information, Thomas Farm community center, and new ordinances such as the recent Adequate Public Facilities.
3. Bob Ekman reported on major changes to the RockNet servers. On November 6, the main web server was moved to the rocknet01 machine from the rocknet02 machine. The list server was changed from NTList on the rocknet02 machine to Lyris on the rocknet01 machine. Everything appears to be working OK, but there are some clean up continuing. The lists on Lyris need some decisions made as to administrators, and who can submit to the lists.
4. Jonathan Walker reported on the Wi-Fi subcommittee activities and the free Internet wireless access hotspot. The systems seems to be working OK with handful of new users each day. Jonathan presented a video on the opening event and asked for it to be placed on our web site.
5. There was no change to the camera on the Victoria roof. Nothing was reported on the calendar application.
The meeting closed at 9:00 PM
Report submitted by:
Robert W. Ekman