RockNet Meeting Minutes - June 10, 2004
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
June 10, 2004
The Meeting convened at 7:30 pm in Boards and Commissions Room.
Present were: Bob Ekman, Ben Creitz, Jonathan Walker, Danny Lee, Mike Cannon, Betsy Robbins, Brian Pierce, T.J. Rainsford, Art Casanova, and Roald Schrack.
1) Minutes of the May 13 meeting were accepted with minor modification.
2) Bob Ekman reported that there have been no significant changes in Rocknet servers.
3) Betsy Robbins reported that Rocknet had a drop in use for May with 373 average visits per day.
* City site has incorporated the weather reports obtained from a small weather station atop city hall.
*Arrangements are being made so that city parking tickets can be paid online at the city site.
* A review of artists to be shown at the Civic Center Gallery during 2005 will be placed on the city site.
* A tree service order form is being made available.
4) Planning for a webcam that will record the activities at the Town Center site and make them available on Rocknet are underway. Bob Ekman presented drawings showing the overall layout with the camera atop Victoria Apartments whose output would be relayed to City hall via a wireless link. Ben Creitz presented an analysis of signal attenuation that predicted an ability for a 2.4 Gigahertz link over the 500 meter path. Danny Lee raised the question of possible interference with other signals originating in nearby buildings. T.J. Rainsford suggested some preliminary tests of signal propagation. Mike Cannon suggested trying a pair of high gain, 10 degree Yagi antennas. There was extended discussion of the technical problems. Plans were made for site visits in the coming week.
The meeting adjourned at 9:20 PM