RockNet Meeting Minutes - March 11, 2004
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
March 11, 2004
Meeting convened at 7:30 PM in the City Manager's Conference Room.
Present were Bob Ekman, Roald Schrack, Stan Klein, Betsy Robbins, Mike Cannon, Jonathan Walker, Brian Pierce, Ben Creitz, Art Casanova, Dean Fiala, Danny Lee
1) Minutes of February Meeting were accepted as presented.
2) DNS service has now been made available so that a site hosted by Rocknet can be reached by a personal URL call. Art Casanova asked about showing of a short video of his community that he has produced in 1, 10, and 40 Mb sizes via streaming video over Rocknet. Bob will try it out.
3) Betsy Robbins reported on statistics for Rocknet. In February, Rocknet received an average of 481 visits per day compared to 479 in January.
The Rockville City website has:
* About 100 pictures from the student art show at Glenview Mansion.
* Archives from the Planning Department.
* FY04 Budget update
4) Betsy Robbins will make a presentation about Rocknet to the Seniors Rockville University which is about to begin.
5) Brian Pierce attended the ARNA meeting representing Rocknet.
6) There was extended discussion of preparations for Science Day on April 18. Jonathan Walker described a demonstration of WiFi to be set up with the assistance of D-Link. Danny Lee suggested that he might be able to get materials from other manufacturers that he is affiliated with.
7) Betsy Robbins gave an extended demonstration of "content management" software made by Site Executive that the city now uses to run the city website. The city web administrator (Betsy) now sets up the style parameters on the program and personnel in the different city departments make the modifications to the website. Proposed website revisions are reviewed by the web administrator before they are published on the website.
The meeting adjourned at 9:25 PM
Roald A. Schrack
13 Farsta Ct.
Rockville, MD 20850