RockNet Meeting Minutes - February 12, 2004
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
February 12, 2004
The meeting opened at 7:30 PM in the City Managerís Conference Room.
Present: Bob Ekman, Jim Beller, Betsy Robbins, Stan Klein, Brian Pierce, Jonathan Walker, Mike Cannon, Ben Creitz, Roald Schrack, Carlos Santiso
1. Bob Ekman gave the RockNet services report:
* Lyris 6.1 listserve program is installed on the server, greatly increasing our capacity.
* Bob distributed the log showing a continuing series of port attacks on the Rocknet server, one occurring about every 2.5 minutes.
2. Betsy gave the City services report:
* Betsy distributed statistics for Rocknet showing 479 average visits per day (up from 440 last month).
* A survey on the city website is asking people what type of special events they would like.
* Summer camp guide has been posted. 65% of all camp registrations occur on the first day.
* Town Center site has been revised and shows different views of proposed construction.
3. Bob introduced the Science Day demonstration that Rocknet would produce for April 18. There was extended discussion of what was possible and would be of most interest. The idea of a phone camera transmission of pictures from one part of the room to a projector showing a large screen display seemed most attractive if it can be worked out.
4. Bob demonstrated Lyris 6.1 using a local laptop connected to the network.
The meeting closed at 9:20
Roald A. Schrack
13 Farsta Ct.
Rockville, MD 20850