RockNet Meeting Minutes - May 9, 2008
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
May 9, 2008
The meeting convened in the Blue Crab Room of City Hall at 7:45 P.M.
Present: Bob Ekman, Roald Schrack, Mike Cannon, Mary Alice McDonough, Betsy Robbins, Jonathan Walker, and Carol Nicholas.
1. Meeting convened at 7:50 pm
2. Minutes of April 10 were accepted after minor corrections.
3. Bob reported and it was discussed that there were some problems with the operation of Lyris system again last month. Mary suggested that we contact the Lyris group to let them know what is happening. There have been numerous attempts to join lists by spam. The Web Cam is up and running.
4. Betsy reported that the Rockville site had 5514 average visits per day in April compared to 5011 in March. The increase was probably due to the interest in springtime activities. The site carried Visarts events and an advertisement for Buskers (street entertainers) for Town Center. A survey of recreational classes and news of the new Fallsgrove Recreation center was presented. A web page in Spanish is now available and an environmental page is being planned.
5. Jonathan stated that we may need to change some level of subscription costs. REDI should get the businesses to pay for an annual subscription and in return get a place for free ads. We need to try to be cost effective by keeping costs down, and he will try to do some research and present it for the June meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00P.M.
submitted by Carol Nicholas