RockNet Meeting Minutes - March 13, 2008
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
March 13, 2008
The meeting convened in the Blue Crab Room of City Hall at 7:45 P.M.
In attendance: Bob Ekman, Jonathan Crane, Brian Pierce, Jonathan Walker, Mike Cannon, and Betsy Robbins.
1. Minutes of the previous meeting were accepted with minor changes.
2. The average visits per day for the city site was 4575 compared to 4494 in January. For RockNet it was 506 in February compared to 511 in January.
3. Betsy reported significant work on the City site, including the Student Art Show, Rockville Pike planning meetings and workshops, a zoning portal page, new community planning department pages, and water and refuse/recycling information. There was discussion on hosting some pages in Spanish and Chinese. The city is also working with the Google Search appliance to search their web site.
4. Bob reported that the RockNet servers are operating and the webcam is working.
5. Jonathan Walker reported that the wireless hotspot is still not working. He is planning a remediation this summer. Phase III of the city wireless plan may address some of the area.
6. Repositioning of the Webcam was discussed. We may have problems with power reaching the roof area where we could point the camera at the Regal Row and the development in the parking lot.
7. Discussion continued on the new server installations. A swapping concept was proposed such that the new server replaces rocknet01, the current rocknet01 becomes rocknet02 and the current rocknet02 is retired. We need to try this with the new firewall device. Jonathan Crane agreed to help. He requested an account on the current rocknet01.
The meeting adjourned about 9:10P.M.
Report submitted by: