RockNet Meeting Minutes - November 8, 2007
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
November 8, 2007
The meeting convened in the Blue Crab Room of City Hall at 7:45 P.M.
In attendance: Bob Ekman, Stan Klein, Mary Alice McDonough, Mike Cannon, and Roald Schrack.
1. Approval of minutes of September 6.
2. Mike passed out report of City website for October. There were 4569 average visits per day. This is to be compared for 5639 in August and 4675 in September. The drop off is not completely understood.
3. Bob discussed Rocknet activities, the web server seems to be working OK, The webcam is up and running, and the listserve is OK. There was extended discussion of methods of keeping down the size and number of email messages that are overloading the listserve system. The wireless service at the theater site is erratic. Candidates were not able to get the network on election night. The wireless service in the Town Center is working well.
4. No calendar report.
5. Bob took the new server hardware home to work on it. He is now installing software and is about 30% complete.
6. Mike explained the propagation of the error that caused a problem with the electronic poll books on election day.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40P.M.
Report submitted by: