RockNet Meeting Minutes - November 9, 2006
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
November 9, 2006
Meeting convened in the Diamondback Terrapin Room of City Hall at 7:35 PM.
In attendance: Betsy Robbins, Mary Alice McDonough, Jonathan Walter, R. Schrack, Bob Ekman, Mike Cannon.
1) Minutes of the previous meeting were accepted.
2) Mary Alice McDonough was accepted as a member of the board.
3) Betsy Robbins reported: 4395 average visits per day for October for the Rockville site. No stats available for Rocknet. The Rockville site has new material added for the budget preview, gallery artists, a table of contents of the Rockville Reports and board of Appeals minutes. Contents of the Zoning and Rockville Pike update materials are now posted.
4) Bob has spent a lot of time on the listserve system. There are now about 6000 names on listserve lists. The system limit is 10,000. Several hundred bogus accounts have been set up and Bob has purged them if there was no confirmation after 7 days. Bob has also spent a great deal of time trying to resolve a problem a mac user is having trying to FTP material to a web page.
5) Mary Alice gave the Wi-Fi report showing another 30 requests for user ID in October. This was the same rate in August and September. The total for the year to date is 325.
6) Mary Alice reported on her calendar search. She is going to set up an account for a Google calendar and see how it works out.
7) The next meeting, December 14, will be devoted to consideration of a new server system, software and hardware.
The meeting adjourned at 9:15 PM.
Report submitted by:
Rockville, MD 20850