RockNet Meeting Minutes - October 12, 2006
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
October 12, 2006
Meeting convened in the Diamondback Terrapin Room of City Hall at 7:40 PM.
In Attendance: Bob Ekman, Betsy Robbins, Brian Pierce, Mary Alice McDonough, R. Schrack, Mike Cannon, Jonathan Walker.
1. After some discussion the minutes of the August and September meetings were accepted with revisions.
2. Betsy reported on the Stats for September, 4245 average visits per day for Rockville, and 583 for Rocknet. She attended a Government Website Conference in Reno where she gave a presentation on the content managements system used on the Rockville website. Attended a session on the new Microsoft browser IE7. The Rockville site now shows the status of Mayor and Council projects. The section on the Town Center has had numerous updates listing 36 businesses. A summer camp evaluation and feedback form are available for e-mailing to the city. A few new e-mail lists are being setup that are very popular.
3. Bob has figured out the domain name failures that has been cropping up on the listserve. He feels that it is probably due to a delay in the system in recovering a domain name. By putting two or three requests separated by ten minutes the system finds the name. Bob is setting up a list of mailing list administrators.
4. Mary Alice reported on the Wi-Fi system, showing 31 new requests for user id in September. Because of concerns about the use of their bandwidth by the REDI group, they asked for more information about the use of the Wi-Fi. Jonathan discussed their concerns with them.
5. Mary Alice brought a calendar management program. It was discussed and further investigation was encouraged.
6. Bob suggested that the December 14th meeting be devoted to planning for a new server.
7. There was an extended discussion of alternative broadband delivery systems.
The meeting adjourned at 9:35 PM.
Report submitted by:
Rockville, MD 20850