RockNet Meeting Minutes - September 14, 2006
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
September 14, 2006
Meeting convened in the Diamondback Terrapin Room of City Hall at 7:40 PM.
In Attendance: Roald Schrack, Bob Ekman, Betsy Robbins, Mike Cannon, and Fredrico Tamayo.
1. Minutes of Previous meeting were distributed. No errors were found but official acceptance was deferred because of a lack of quorum.
2. Betsy reported on the stats for August. Rockville was down to 3,766 and Rocknet was down to 551. It was surmised that vacations had reduced web activity. The city site had historical architectural guidelines and zoning ordinance revision information posted. Betsy reported on a large number of unconfirmed listserve responses that are probably generated by a spam spider.
3. Bob discussed activity within the listserve. We now have about 40 lists. There have been two recent requests for hosting.
4. Mike Cannon showed a time lapse sequence of the Town Center webcam put together by Art Casanova. It was considered a very nice job and should be put on the website.
5. There were 264 requests for access in 2006 for use of the WiFi hotspot at the Regal. There is quite a bit of fluctuation from month to month. The city has put out a "request for expression of interest" for a WiFi system covering the Town Square area of the new Town Center.
6. There was a discussion of the need for a new server and how to order it.
The meeting adjourned at 8:50 PM.
Report submitted by:
Rockville, MD 20850