RockNet Meeting Minutes - June 8, 2006
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
June 8, 2006
Meeting convened in the Diamondback Terrapin Room of City Hall at 7:45 PM.
In Attendance were: Bob Ekman, Roald Schrack, Carol Nicolas, Jim Beller, Brian Pierce, Mary Alice McDonough, and Betsy Robbins.
1. Minutes of May meeting were accepted.
2. Betsy Robbins reported that she has a new assistant, Sheila Hadley. The Rockville site had 4980 average visits per Day in May. There were 15,000 Hometown Holiday hits. The Rocknet server was down because of a failure of the UPS. Some trouble with the Lyris system also. Rocknet had 860 average visits per day in May.
3. Bob Ekman discussed the setting up of some new websites.
4. Mary Alice disclosed that there were 53 new user I.D.ís for the WiFi hotspot at the Regal in May. This makes a total of 163 new I.D.ís for the year. She presented information on the ASP website calendar.
5. The 10 year anniversary of Rocknet occurs this coming July 24. A reception has been planned for 6:00 PM in the Blue Crab Room. There will be a presentation at 7:00 by the Mayor and Council during their regular session. All those that have anything to do with Rocknet over the years are urged to attend.
6. A separate committee of Rocknet will be formed to choose hardware and software for an upgrading of the Rocknet system. There was some discussion of where the new machine should be located.
The meeting adjourned at 8:53 PM
Report submitted by:
Roald A. Schrack
13 Farsta Court
Rockville, MD 20850