RockNet Meeting Minutes - April 6, 2006
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
April 6, 2006
The meeting convened in the Diamondback Terrapin Room at 7:40 PM.
In attendance were R. Schrack, Betsy Robbins, Mary Alice McDonough, Jim Beller, Bob Ekman, Mike Cannon, and Jonathan Walker.
1. Minutes of the March meeting were corrected and accepted.
2. Betsy reported on the statistics: Rockville had 3507 average visits per day in February 4612 in March. Rocknet had 1075 in March. The FY07 Rockville City proposed budget as well as the student art show is on the city website. Betsy demonstrated the kiosk capabilities to the staff.
3. Bob Ekman reported that the comments@ rocknet.org got turned off because of spam overload. Methods of avoiding spam were discussed.
4. Mary Alice reported on sign-ups for the Wi-Fi system. 26 new users signed up in March. A store owner has recently purchased a laptop and is now using the system and becoming a supporter.
5. There was a discussion of the Rockville Neighborhood workshop planned for the coming Saturday morning. The task will be shared by Jonathan and Roald.
6. Science day will be on Sunday, May 7. Rocknet will probably feature Google Earth. Several people indicated their willingness to help.
7. Mary Alice reported on the calendar program. She contacted Lyris to see what they had to offer.
8. Rocknet 10th anniversary is coming up. There was some discussion on what we might do.
The meeting adjourned at 9:10 PM
Report submitted by:
Roald A. Schrack
13 Farsta Court
Rockville, MD 20850