RockNet Meeting Minutes - March 9, 2006
ROCKNET MEETING MINUTES
March 9, 2006
Meeting convened in the City Managerís Conference room at 7:35 PM.
In attendance were: Bob Ekman, Roald Schrack, Carol Nicholas, Jim Beller, Stan Klein, Betsy Robbins, Brian Pierce, Mary Alice McDonough, Jonathan Walker.
1. The minutes of the February meeting were corrected and then accepted.
2. Betsy is interviewing for an assistant. Hometown Holidays is coming. A computer kiosk has been set up in the Maintenance Area for the convenience of about 100 city employees there to improve communication with the staff. The City annual financial report is being put on the city website. The stats for the city website for February show 3507 average visits per day. Pictures from the student art exhibit at the Mansion were photographed by Betsy so they can be placed on the city website. There was a discussion of the need to back up the data on the Lyris listserve system.
3. The Rocknet system is working OK but the Lyris system is again experiencing the "DNS" problem again with messages being bounced even though the data to correctly direct the message is known to be present. It is thought that there is a subtle timing problem. A web page has been set up for Rose Hill Homeowners Assn.
4. Mary Alice reported on the progress toward setting up a second Wi-Fi at the California Tortilla. A new password was required at the beginning of the year. Since then there have been 47 new users on the system.
5. On April 8 there will be a Neighborhood Workshop. The presentation about the Rocknet services will be used. May 7 is Science Day in Rockville . There was discussion on a possible Rocknet exhibit.
6. Mary Alice reported on the proposed calendar for the Rocknet website. It was suggested that the proposal be mentioned at the April workshop.
7. There was a discussion of the property tax that is due April 15. The Wi-Fi equipment is the property of Rocknet and should be part of the report. There was also a discussion of how the property is tagged as Rocknet and not Rockville City property.
The meeting adjourned at 9:07 PM
Report submitted by:
Roald A. Schrack
13 Farsta Court
Rockville, MD 20850